Is Weight-Loss Surgery Right For You? Find Out Today.
MedStar Southern Maryland's Weight Loss Surgery Seminar will be conducted by one of Medstar's Bariatric Surgeons, John Brebbia MD, MBA, FACS, CNSC.
December 9, 2015
MedStar Southern Maryland to Host Weight-Loss Surgery Seminar
If you're struggling to lose weight after rounds of lifestyle changes and nothing seems to work, it's time to consider joining the thousands of people just like you who finally found relief after choosing bariatric surgery. In order to offer the community more information on what this procedure entails, MedStar Southern Maryland Hospital will be hosting a MedStar Weight Loss Surgery Seminar on Dec. 14, 2015, from 6 p.m. - 7 p.m. at the Surratts-Clinton Public Library along with a MedStar Weight Loss Surgery Support Group Meeting. Prince Georges County and Southern Maryland have the highest rates of obesity in Maryland as well as the DMV area, yet Southern Maryland has some of the fewest number of resources to combat obesity. Our goal is to provide more tools, resources, and support to Southern Marylanders who are battling with obesity.
The Weight Loss Surgery Seminar will be conducted by one of MedStar's Bariatric Surgeons, John Brebbia MD, MBA, FACS, CNSC. Dr. Brebbia will discuss the following topics during the seminar presentation:
- Criteria to qualify for weight loss surgery
- Effectiveness of weight loss surgery
- Strategies for lifestyle changes
- The various types of weight loss surgery
- Some of the Pros and Cons of each procedure
- Insurance company requirements for weight loss surgery
- Recovery from weight loss surgery
- Next steps after seminar for those are interested in exploring surgical weight loss surgery options
MedStar Weight Loss Surgery Support Group Meeting seeks to be a resource and source of non-judgmental support for Southern Maryland residents who:
- Have had weight loss surgery and are working to maintain the successes that they have achieved
- Have had weight loss surgery and are worried about regain
- Have had weight loss surgery have regain varying degrees of weight
- Have family members / friends who have had weight loss surgery and want to learn how to better support them
- Are going to have weight loss surgery and desirous of support
- Are thinking about bariatric surgery and want to learn more
To learn more about Bariatric Surgery Candidacy, click here. Visit our Facebook page for additional event information. For questions or to register, please call 301-774-8962 or email Kenneth.Alexander[email protected].
Back to Top