Hospital Named Top Performer by the Joint Commission
The Joint Commission has named MedStar Southern Maryland Hospital Center as a 2014 Top Performer on Key Quality Measures®.
November 18, 2015
Explore By Category :
- Emergency medicine/trauma
- Gastroenterology/digestive diseases
- Healthcare industry
- MedStar in the community
- Orthopaedics and sports medicine
- Primary care
- Quality and Patient Safety
- Women’s services
- Video Gallery
- MedStar Washington Hospital Center News
- MedStar Harbor Hospital News
- MedStar Georgetown University Hospital News
- MedStar Good Samaritan Hospital News
- MedStar Franklin Square Medical Center News
- MedStar Union Memorial Hospital News
- MedStar Montgomery Medical Center News
- MedStar St. Mary's Hospital News
- MedStar Health System News
We are pleased to announce The Joint Commission has named MedStar Southern Maryland Hospital Center as a 2014 Top Performer on Key Quality Measures®. The hospital is one of only 1,043 hospitals in the United States to achieve this distinction based on excellence in accountability measure performance. MedStar Southern Maryland Hospital Center has been recognized for its achievement on the following 2014 accountability measure set(s): heart attack, heart failure, pneumonia, surgical care, stroke, and perinatal care.
In order to be named a Top Performer, a hospital must:
- Achieve cumulative performance of 95 percent or above across all reported accountability measures
- Achieve performance of 95 percent or above on each and every reported accountability measure with at least 30 denominator cases
- Have at least one core measure set that had a composite rate of 95 percent or above, and within that measure set, achieve a performance rate of 95 percent or above on all applicable individual accountability measures.
“We have made it a top priority at MedStar Southern Maryland Hospital Center to address patient safety and quality of care by improving upon evidence-based care processes that are shown to be the best treatments for certain conditions,” said Christine Wray, President of MedStar Southern Maryland Hospital Center. “We are proud to be named a Top Performer and thank our entire hospital staff for their dedication, knowledge and teamwork.”
For more information about the Top Performer program, including eligibility criteria, visit the Joint Commission's website.
Back to Top